What you need:
115g plain flour
30g icing sugar
170g soft butter
2tbsp golden syrup
1 small tin condensed milk
60g plain chocolate
A greased baking tin (20cm)
What to do:
1. Add 115g plain flour to a large mixing bowl.
2. Add 30g icing sugar to the bowl.
3. Add 57g of the soft butter to the bowl.
4. Rub the flour, sugar and butter together - it will look a bit like sand.
5. Press the sandy mixture into the bottom of the greased baking tin.
6. Turn oven on to 180 and bake for about 15mins until starting to brown. When it's done leave it to cool in the tin.
7. Whilst the base is baking let's get on with the caramel filling.
8. Add the rest of the soft butter, the syrup and the tin of condensed milk to a pan and melt over a medium heat. Stir continuously.
9. Turn the heat up and bring the mixture to the boil - simmer for 7 minutes.
10. Pour the caramel filling on top of the cooled baked base, you might need to smooth it out a bit and then leave to cool.
11. Once it's cooled, melt the chocolate.
12. To melt the chocolate, break into pieces and add to a glass bowl.
13. Put the glass bowl over a pan of hot (boiling) water. Stir until melted.
14. Pour the melted chocolate over the cooled caramel.
15. Leave the whole thing to cool and then slice and eat!
Thank you to Matt for sharing this recipe! Matt helped me to learn how to talk a long time ago xx
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Lexie Adamson, aged 20