What you need:
1 pint of milk
1 tbsp of White wine Vinegar
Any seasoning you like
What to do:
1. Pour the milk in a pan.
2. Heat on the hob until it almost boils. Do not let it boil.
3. Stir a little with a wooden spoon to stop the milk sticking to the bottom of the pan.
4. Take the pan off the heat.
5. Wait for 2 minutes.
6. Add the white wine vinegar and stir.
7. The milk should separate and you will see the curds and the whey.
8. Pour the milk through a sieve into a bowl. The liquid in the bowl is called whey, you can save this and use it in other recipes like bread making and cakes instead of water or milk.
9. The cheese will be in your sieve, empty this into another bowl.
10. Add a pinch of salt, some pepper and chopped herbs.
11. Taste it and add more seasoning until it takes perfect.
Enjoy with home-baked sourdough bread and ripe tomatoes and soft avocado = yum!
My sister wanted to make this cheese.
Lexie Adamson, aged 18