What you need:
1 potato grated
1/2 courgette grated
2 tbsp grated cheese
Oil for frying
ground black pepper
1/2 tsp dried oregano
What you do:
1. Grate the potato, courgette and cheese
2. Whisk the egg in a bowl
3. Add the potato, courgette and cheese to the egg mixture
4. Season with pepper and oregano
5. Heat oil in a frying pan
6. Use a tablespoon to put four fritters in the pan
7. Cook on a medium to high heat until brown and crispy
8. Flip each fritter over to brown on both sides
You can use any vegetables you like, try swapping the potato for carrot, or adding onion. You can use any seasoning you like - any green herbs or even a pinch of curry powder.
See how to cook this recipe on my YouTube channel LexieCooks
This recipe is good for young children - you can use any vegetables that you like and it's fun to try different ones and different seasonings.
This recipe was created for our friends at Turning Heads CIC.
Turning Heads CIC provide benefit to people in Devon with learning disabilities, who are homeless, who are furthest from employment and education and the long-term unemployed to develop skills, find employment, attain qualifications, gain work experience and increase social opportunity and wellbeing.
Turning Heads run a number of cooking programmes each year, both in person and virtually, the recipes and interactive video tutorials can be found at www.turningheads.org.uk
Lexie Adamson, aged 18